Bobcat Disc Mulcher
Ideal for large brush and mulch management applications in rural areas, the Bobcat disc mulcher can cut trees up to 14 inches in diameter and turn trees up to 6 inches in diameter into convenient beds of mulch.
Built of high-strength, steel-body construction, the disc mulcher attachments provide leading durability and the performance to tackle tough land-clearing jobs. The attachments are available in 48-inch and 60-inch cutting widths.
Clear trees and brush for:
- Utility line and right-of-way maintenance
- Site preparation
- Rural Area Vegetation maintenance
- Powerful cutting and mulching action: Machined from 1-inch thick, high-strength steel, the disc meets strict specifications for well-balanced rotation and high-speed cutting performance. The disc mulcher can cut trees up to 14-inches in diameter and turn trees up to 6-inches in diameter into beds of mulch. The disc mulcher can cut at ground level and supports an impressive vertical reach.
- Hardened steel teeth: Case-hardened, steel teeth are fixed to the inside of the deck shell, and they mulch material as the rotating disc carries trees and brush through the attachment. These four-point teeth can be easily sharpened and rotated to maximize efficiency. The planter knives in the center of the disc eliminate dead zones for effective, easy land clearing, regardless of the attachment’s position.
- High-torque hydraulic gear motor: The hydraulic gear motors efficiently handle the bulk of tough, land-clearing applications with ease. These gear motors generate high torque and collectively support three hydraulic flow ranges: standard, high and super-flow. The gear motors also feature a relief valve to protect against over pressurization.
- Push bar: A push bar on the front of the disc mulcher helps operators direct the fall of trees and heavy brush for productive processing.
- Simple maintenance: The spindle bearings are lubricated with gear oil that should be replaced once every year or every 500 hours, whichever comes first. Operators have easy access to the disc teeth, the motor hardware and the spindle hardware, which should be inspected daily, or every 10 hours, to ensure optimum performance.
- Protective motor cover: A steel covering shields the hydraulic motor, protecting it from contact and damage.
- Easy to replace knives: The knives on the underside of the mulching disc are quick and easy to replace to fully maximize your uptime.
- Two intake configurations: The disc mulcher features two intake configurations to optimize the intake flow of varying tree sizes and other material density.